1. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
2. Tag seven people to do the same.
Yeah, so, if you want to do it, do it. I don't do the taggy thing. Bitches.
1. Okay, bad habit first. I pick at my skin like the dickens. I have lousy skin to begin with, I get acne and dry patches all the time. I try not to pick at them when I'm in public but I have a hard time with this one sometimes. It's kind of gross to watch, I'm sure. But anything itchy on my skin drives me absolutely batty.
2. I sing in the shower. A lot. A lot of it is songs I made up myself. Currently I've been singing my AI audition song and backup alternative songs, too, but there are lots of other ones I sing. I sing "Rose K." by Rasputina, "Scrawled in Sap" by 16 Horsepower, "Baby Driver" by Simon and Garfunkel, and, well, a lot of others. My showers frequently take 20 minutes because I get caught up in the singing. Oh, yeah. And I also write songs a lot.
3. I drink about 1400 ml of water a day. I buy one bottle of water when I get to work in the morning, and another at lunch. Would it be cheaper if I just bought 1.5 liters to start? Probably, yes. Other things I drink with frequency: Mint Hint, Metro Mint Peppermint, Mash Grapefruit, Izze sodas, Boylan's and Stewart's sodas, and Rose Green or Jasmine Green Tea's Tea by Itoen.
4. I have a cat. His name is Jonathan Harker, and he's 12 years old. Wow. I got him my senior year of high school. Wow. Long time ago, huh? Anyway, he is a spoiled brat and starts waking me up at 7 in the morning every morning. Sometimes earlier. It doesn't matter how late I go to bed, or whether I put food out for him the night before. He just really likes to wake me up. And bite my feet. A lot. And bite the rest of me a lot. I love him to death, but the whole waking me up constantly every morning grates on my nerves. If I ever have an infant, I think I will be perfectly accustomed to the disrupted sleep schedule. Generally, my solution to Harker waking me up constantly is for me to take him and put him in bed with me, and use him as a pillow so he can't move. Somehow, he is perfectly content with this.
5. I have naturally incredibly long nails. I don't really know why. I don't do anything to them, they just are. In fact, if I start to paint them, they start breaking and chipping much faster. I paint my toes, usually just during the summer, but not my fingers because it kills them. Right now, my shortest fingernail is about 1/4" above the nail, and that's only because it recently broke. My longest ones are probably about 2/3" above the nail, and over 1" tip to bed.
6. I eat sushi almost every day. When I'm home alone and don't have anybody else to eat with, I would say a good 4-5 of my dinners a week are sushi. Generally maki style because that's what the places near me have for takeaway, and I tend to get tuna or salmon. Usually tuna. Sometimes I get a tekka don from somewhere, but those are more expensive and I haven't found a good place to get them near where I live right now.
7. I had something really cool I was going to put here, but I totally forget what it was! Damn! Anyway, hmm, let me think. You guys know I like movies, and you know I like to draw, and- oh! So, the movie theater two blocks from my apartment has $6 movies on the weekends before noon. So I have a habit of getting up early on Saturday and Sunday and seeing as many movies as possible. Lately that's usually only been one a weekend but I have managed to go in for a 10 am showing and make an 11:50 of something else and see two movies for $11. I am kind of a movie fiend (just a little :-P). I generally see at least one movie a week, usually two or three, and when I was out of work, I usually saw two movies a day. I keep meaning to start a film diary but I'm a lazy bum.