And then, in spite of everything else, when you finally have time, it's because of something else?
Why, oh why was I up at 8 this morning after going to bed at 4:30?
Because, I say, my tooth.
It is throbbing like a motherfucker without stopping, and I seem to have developed a fever, although without a thermometer, it's anyone's guess. I feel faintly delirious and the left side of my mouth feels like a hippopotamus came in and swapped in the night.
This is the wisdom tooth in the back of my mouth. It's been sore for months now, and months ago I expressed interest in seeing a doctor to have it removed. I would have seen a doctor to have it removed, except that my mother kindly suggested that she would find a doctor on Long Island to remove it so that I would have someone to drive me to and from the doctor to take care of it, as anaesthesia is not something to be undertaken lightly or when one is operating on one's own propulsion. I agreed and have asked her several times since if she's managed to find someone. At the moment, I would simply find someone myself except for the fact that I am not half as coherent as I appear on LJ at the moment and I had enough trouble making the people at the health insurance company understand me.
But in the interest of not boring you all to death with moaning and agony,
1) Holiday cards are done. I am very excited with the result and I do have several extras. If anyone would like one, please leave a comment on this screened post. They may be belated if you sign up now, but I will try to mail out everyone else's before I sink deeper into incoherence.
2) I should go buy some anbesol or something.
3) I have had several interesting dreams this week. One involved the true purpose of four-leaf clovers, one involved being the newest cast member of Saturday Night Live after the end of the writers' strike, and one involved a young man whose lifelong ambition was to write gangsta parodies of the entire canon of musical theater. I do wish to expound on these at some point.
4) I promised phuck a few days ago that I would pimp his fandomsurvivor. It's like Survivor but less painful.
5) I have been crocheting quite a lot. It has been most excellent.
6) I am still in pain.
7) I do know there are other things I would like to communicate to you lovely people.
8) Ah, yes! bubonicplague, the book came and it is perfect and excellent in every way. I've also gotten cards from opaleyes, katieupsidedown, and crazy_megan and gifties from pikacharma and dragonmagelet. Thank you, guys!
9) I realize I never got out the assignments for the gift exchange. It is now going to be a...Martin Luther King Day Gift Exchange? Sorry!
10) I've seen I am Legend, Atonement, and No Country For Old Men this week. I would recommend seeing all of them, although...I'm still processing the last. It takes a lot of processing and I am not sure I liked it. It was interesting, though, and it made some very interesting choices that were...more like what I think Hitchcock would do today than anything that wanker M. Night Shyamalan has done in the name of being a modern-day Hitchcock. The Coens, they get what it means to make a suspense film. And I have some issues with their antagonist in this, but maybe...that's all right, because it's a suspense film? I think the message of the film, and that works perfectly when you meld suspense with western, and not in the way where the suspense is what's going to happen to Gary Cooper at noon, is that in the modern day, the culmination ain't the shootout at the OK Corral. To mix and match plot points from my classic westerns and all.
11) To talk more about movies, cineholics [/shameless pimp]
12) Now to shower.