Also, I got one of these drawing blogs. I am not sure I'm crazy about it, but playing with it is giving me ideas about how to improve it. I've just done a couple self-portraits. You can't friend people on it, which kind of sucks.
That brings up a couple of the things I want to talk about today!
1) I want to draw more. I think the drawing blog is a good start, but I want to challenge myself to draw every day. Even if it is just a sketch. twowishesleft suggested this as a new year's resolution for me, and I feel like the only way I will ever improve is to draw daily.
Today, I drew three pictures in the drawing blog. I feel this is a good start.
2) I would like a tablet. I have not had a tablet since college, and I really feel like it would not necessarily improve my art, but make me draw more if I had one. And experiment with more styles. The people on my flist who have tablets: would people mind throwing out recommendations? Does anyone have a tablet PC? How do you like those? Some of them are so inexpensive that I'm almost thinking it would be more worthwhile to get the tablet PC than to get a tablet.
3) Yesterday, I got to meet ninepointfivemm and flameth and another one of their friends! We went to the museum along with cacophonesque, got pizza at Patsy's, and went to H&M which is full of Chuck's clothing from Pushing Daisies, before I had to run to have dinner with my parents. Which was also good! But I sort of felt bad that I had to run away.
4) Also in the spirit of drawing more, kikithepirate did a meme thing that involved her asking people to ask questions that she would answer in video form. I would like to ask you all to ask me questions that I will answer in drawing form. Yes? Yes.
5) Work is exciting and hard!
6) I think that is all I have to say right now. Let me leave off with more automatic writing. I like the automatic writing, it is excellent for meditation purposes.
Vascillating duomos of inconsistency. Parabolas over time and space breathe rhythms for turbulence. How do you write the lyrics to the intangible paste and syncophantic sex? Blurring. Pestilence comes easy to the forgotten fossils. Hairballs incapacitate the living when all the prairies in the world sing of tarantulas and egg creams. I was never the forgotten child; I did not live in the meadow where the persistent rhyming swam deep into the fields of fast formulaic fissures. Frantic. Devious and diligent, the drummers drum their tune into the savory sodomites. Sad synchronicity summons seven sons. Charismatic telephones elephants awry. Adolescent. Hadrian's Wall was the last stand of the fairy godmothers of yesteryear; there was never an uneven shout to sacrifice the sisters of variable justification.
7) Oh wait! It's not. Also on the drawing front, I am looking for resources to improve my skills with perspective and with drapery. I really like good drawing books or exercises if you think there are exercises that helped any of you!