1) Did anyone else go WTF at the part of his speech where he said that he stood for people who "value their privileges over their responsibilities" ? It was right toward the beginning of the speech. I was like, seriously? That's seriously okay to say? I don't know if it was a mistake or what, but he didn't correct it if it was.
2) Here's a little snippet of our conversation
Me: "Oh, shit, he's picking a woman."
3) McCain's announcement sounded like the way a schoolteacher would pick the winner of a contest. He's all "WE had a lot of really, really good entries, but we could ONLY PICK ONE OF YOU. But you're all special and talented in your own way! Except for you, Mitt Romney, stop being cooler than I am."
4) I'm sort of, I don't know, insulted, that when we have a brilliant, amazing woman like Condoleezza Rice working for our country, he picks some no-name governor of Alaska? Like, if he wanted a woman to play token BS with, get one who is, a. a household name and b. a brilliant woman who has worked her butt off for this country.
5) I like how McCain's definition of a historic event is something the Democrats did 24 years ago? And they picked a woman people had heard of.
6) Walter Mondale picked Geraldine Ferraro because not only was she a woman, but she was at the forefront of many of the most important issues in America in the 1980s. She had chops AND boobies. If, in the 1980s, someone had felt strongly about nominating a woman and chosen someone not many people had heard of, it would have been more understandable, because there weren't many women at the top of politics at the time. Now? This is kinda inexcusable and insulting to a LOT of Republican women.
7) Listening to her talk, she kinda sounded like a kindergarten teacher?
If you are not registered to vote, Rock the Vote makes it easy. Go here, fill out your registration form, and Rock the Vote will send you a printable PDF that you can mail in.