Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Things I Drank Today
cap, captain miss america
In the interest of trying to kill my sore throat:

1) 101.4 oz of water
2) 8 oz peppermint tea
3) 22.3 oz San Pellegrino Limonata
4) 10.5 oz R.W. Knudsen Grape Spritzer
5) 12 oz Sly Fox Rt. 113 IPA
6) 3 oz Bitter Truth Sloeberry Blue Gin & X.L.R. plus very small tastes of various other liqueurs/bitters.
7) 19 oz Progresso Chickarina Soup (the 19 oz counts the solid food)

How do I feel? Still crappy!

I left work around noon after I realized that all the work I thought I had to do today? I had pretty much finished on Friday, so I didn't feel as bad about ducking out. I came home, got some mapo tofu, which was a favorite comfort food back in college and which I don't think I've eaten since then. It was delicious and spicy and good for the sick.

After sleeping from 1 till 4-ish, I dragged myself out of bed and went over to Astor Wines for the Bitter Truth thing, largely because I've had most of the bitters, but they have a whole bunch of products in their line that I have really wanted to try but haven't had an opportunity to. I liked their sloe gin a lot (and how can I not like anything with berry blue in the title?), but the XLR was a little disappointing, mostly because it tasted like a less complex Fernet Branca. Which isn't to say it was bad, but I'll stick with Fernet Branca for that. Their Pimento Dram was really good, really spicy. The guy from The Bitter Truth was awesome and what with all the stuff he was giving us to taste, the free tasting in the store actually took forty minutes. Forty minutes! Usually it takes about five. He also had some really good tips for infusing stuff, and that was cool.

Then I went to my psych appointment, which was nice and mostly positive, and then I went back to get more vodka to make some lilac liqueur, because the vodka violets seem to be much nicer than the gin violets. I picked way more lilacs than I needed and they smell crazy sweet-- much sweeter today than they did when I picked them.

Then I came home and drank more non-alcoholic fluids and just kind of vegged out.

I did, however, finish this!

iridesce57 made a very generous donation to the tornado relief effort, and in return, he asked me to draw a picture of alephz with rattsu. This is the kind of thing that I probably should have done a long time ago since they are both dear friends but I somehow have never drawn them. Probably because they live too far away to be regularly involved in my daily life.

Anyway, here you go!

I hope you all enjoy that.

Now, it is time to go to bed. Blah. I really hope I'm not this sick tomorrow, although if I am I am not dragging myself out of bed.

  • 1
Thank you for your most excellent portrait - we are all made doubly happy by you donating your talents and abilities for such a worthy cause. Win-Win-Win-Win-Win-Win-Win-Win

For your kindness, I will part with my paternal grandmothers recipe for a respiratory / gunk cure. Boil a pot of water. Put two heaping tablespoons of honey and the juice of a whole lemon into one pint glass, add enough boiling water so that it is ~3/4 full and stir until mixed. Put 3 oz of good sour mash bourbon ( my Dad's choice was always Jim Beam ) into another pint glass. When the first pint glass is cool enough to hold for 30 seconds, pour the contents into the second glass. Sip for about 30 minutes an hour after dinner and be ready for sleepy time.

Good luck and we all hope that you return to health soon.

Aww, thank you so much!

And that sounds exciting. I have a lot of good bourbon so this is no problem; I will be drinking this tonight.

My favorite doctor ever was the one who sent me home sick with a recipe for hot toddies.

  • 1