|Recipe: Cherry Vanilla Gelato|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 65 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
Serves: 6-10 depending on size of scoops.
This is a simple gelato recipe. Gelato makers use about 1.5 cups of liquid plus additional ingredients. For a standard ice cream maker, approximately doubling the recipe should work.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 + 1/4 cup sugar (any kind will do)
- Approximately 15 washed and pitted fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- ) Put water, 1/4 cup sugar, and cherries in a small saucepan over high heat until water begins to boil and sugar is dissolved.
- ) Turn heat to low, add vanilla. Let cook, stirring intermittently, until cherries have cooked down and liquid has become syrupy. (This can take about 20 minutes)
- ) While cherries are cooking, mix milk, half & half, and cream together.
- ) Add sugar and eggs and whisk together well.
- ) Put milk mixture into gelato maker and begin freezing according to instructions.
- ) Put cherries in freezer and wait until cool
- ) When milk mixture is halfway hardened, stop freezer and add cherries and syrup from pan.
- ) Continue freezing in gelato maker until done.
- ) Eat soft or freeze 2 hours or more for scoopable gelato.
Mirrored from Nommable!.